Annual Finances, 2008 – 2011
Our fiscal year is from January 1 to December 31.
|Gifts and contributions received||$20,614||$29,060||$9,632||$5,163|
|Receipts from admissions, merchandise sold, and services performed:|
|African Rythms shows||$4,835||$4,967||$4,237||$5,314|
|Horseback Trail Ride||$549||$1,471||$300||$658|
|Vendor Sales jewelry and gifts||–||$782||$1,265||$1,231|
|Contributions paid out (see itemized list below)||$(30,000)||$(30,000)||$(9,000)||$(10,000)|
Our fundraising activities inlcude the following:
- The annual “African Rythms” shows of African dance and music in the Boston area in the spring.
- During the summer, we put on a horseback “African Safari” trail ride, followed by an African buffet dinner.
- Throughout the year, Director Judy Lorimer puts on educational programs for schools, clubs, and organizations.
- Judy also makes and sells African jewelry and clothing, and sells items donated by other crafters at Craft Fairs, festivals, and other kinds of gatherings
- We receive donations in the mail and via the internet from many wonderful and dedicated donors and volunteers. You are an important part of the Build a School in Africa family! We have received donations from individuals, schools, and other organizations.
Our expenses are quite low because we are an all-volunteer organization. Director Judy Lorimer has travelled to Mali to visit schools and construction sites at her own expense every year since 2008. Expenses are primarily related to putting on our major events (renting a hall, purchasing food, etc.) Our webmaster, Matt Heberger, donates his time and funds the domain name registration, web hosting, and related expenses.
Contributions paid out, 2008 – 2012
November 2008 – Paid out $10,000 to Save the Children, Bamako, Mali, for construction of a middle school in the community of Diaka, Sikasso region, Mali.
November 9, 2009 – Paid out $9,000 to Save the Children, Bamako for construction of a primary school in Mounkonkoro.
November 11, 2010 – Wired $30,000 to Save the Children in Bamako Mali, for construction of a primary school in Tabarako and a middle school in Heremakono.
October 24, 2011 – Wired $30,000 to Tisserand Construction, SARL for construction of two primary schools – 2 classrooms plus latrines in Sossoro and two classrooms plus office/storage building in N’Galamatiebougou.
January 6, 2012 – Wired $8,000 to Tisserand Conduction, SARL for a third classroom in N’Galamatiebougou.